7. Phrasal Verbs(Day 7)

Here are 10 phrasal verbs that start with the letter "F":

1. Figure out: To understand or solve something.

Example: I need more time to figure out the answer to this complex problem.

2. Fall apart: To break into pieces or disintegrate.

Example: The old chair fell apart when I tried to sit on it.

3. Fill up: To make something full.

Example: Please fill up the water bottle before we leave.

4. Find out: To discover or obtain information about something.

Example: I need to find out the time of the meeting tomorrow.

5. Finish off: To complete or consume the last part of something.

Example: I'll finish off my work and then join you for lunch.

6. Fix up: To repair or improve something.

Example: We need to fix up the broken fence in the backyard.

7. Follow through: To carry out a plan or promise to the end.

Example: It's essential to follow through on your commitments.

8. Fend off: To defend oneself from an attack or criticism.

Example: The boxer managed to fend off his opponent's punches.

9. Face up to: To confront and deal with a difficult situation or truth.

Example: It's time to face up to the fact that we need to make changes in our business.

10. Fade away: To diminish gradually or disappear slowly.

Example: The memories of that trip have started to fade away over time.

Remember to use these phrasal verbs in various contexts to become more comfortable and fluent in their usage.


 

Post a Comment

0 Comments